Delicious Clovelly mackerel fillets with a fresh peppery salad, beetroot puree, baby vegetables, and new potatoes.
- 6 mackerel filleted – ask your lovely fishmonger
- 200g new potatoes / mid-sized
- 250g baby vegetables like rainbow carrots
- 900g fresh beetroot peeled and cut into 1cm-thick wedges
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 (2.5cm) piece fresh ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1.5 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- .75 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into bits
- Clean the potatoes and vegetables
- Preheat oven to 220 C / Gas 7.
- Place a large sheet of foil on a rimmed baking tray. Scatter beetroot wedges on the lined tray along with garlic and ginger.
- Sprinkle with coriander and salt; drizzle with oil. Cover with another sheet of foil and seal edges to form a packet.
- Bake until beetroot wedges are tender enough to be pierced with a knife, about 30 minutes. Remove from oven and let beetroot
- steam in a foil packet for 10 minutes. Unwrap packet and transfer beetroot wedges, garlic, ginger, and any juices into a food processor.
- Puree with zest, juice, and vinegar until almost smooth with only small lumps. Add butter and puree until incorporated
- Steam the baby vegetables.
- Boil the new potatoes in lightly salted water.
- Season the mackerel fillets & drizzle vegetable oil on each side.
- Sear the fish fillets in a heavy pan, flip after 30 secs each side. Hold between two hot plates.
- Assemble the salad, beetroot puree, baby vegetables, new potatoes and mackerel fillet on top
Download Recipe Sheet Clovelly Mackerel With Beetroot Recipe