Cookies are very small text files that are stored on your computer when you visit some websites.
You can disable any cookies already stored on your computer, but these may stop our website from functioning properly. You can also usually limit, restrict or adjust the functionality of cookies within your web browser. Normally under privacy settings.
The following are not strictly necessary, but are required to provide you with the best user experience and also to tell us which pages you find most interesting (anonymously).
This website will:
- Offer Live Chat Support (if available)
- Track the pages you visits via Google Analytics
This website will:
- Allow you to share pages with social networks such as Facebook (If available)
- Allow you to share pages via Add This (If available)
Carlton Hotel, Runnacleave Road, Ilfracombe, Devon, EX34 8AR Tel: 01271 862446
The hotel has recently upgraded its security by installing CCTV within public areas and key exterior areas including entrances and exits to the main building. The main purpose of the upgrade is to replace outdated cameras and improve the quality of images for guest and staff security. When you enter the hotel property notices inform you of the surveillance in place. Images are digitally stored for security purposes. After a reasonable period of time images are deleted.
Staying at the hotel
We have a legal requirement to keep a register of guests who stay with us. This includes every individuals name and nationality. We ask for, and you may refuse to give us, further information such as your home address, postcode, contact ‘phone number and email address.
When you register with us we will ask for your specific permission to send you information via postal or electronic means messages including offers, discounts and similar information which we feel will be of interest to you. You may decline this on registering or at any point after departure.
Controllers of Information
Any personal information provided here or gathered by our website is controlled by Eliot Seabourn-Wren, The Carlton Hotel, Runnacleave Road, Ilfracombe, Devon, EX34 8AR.
We aim to process information about you fairly and in a transparent manner and the aim of this document is to provide you with sufficient information for you to be able to understand what we are doing with your data. If you are unsure how we are handling information about you or you think we could improve our privacy information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
What information do we collect? How do we use it?
When you use our website, or the online publications published on our site and/or register information with us, we may collect, derive, combine, access, or otherwise process your personal information for the following purposes:
- The monitoring of customer traffic patterns and website usage to help us to develop the design and layout of the website.
- Notifying you of our business news and information, which we think, may be of interest to you including by email or by physical mail, where you have granted us permission to do so. This can include special offers, monthly newsletters and other product information.
- Offering, administering and providing products and services including room rentals and other hospitality related services eg dining and drink services.
- Providing you with a more personalised user experience when using our website or any other services we might provide to you by analysing, segmenting and profiling our database and allowing us to target you with information we think you might be most interested in including products and services.
- Sending you surveys for quality management purposes, to understand your assessment of staying at our hotel or other services we have provided to you or indeed had the opportunity to quote to you.
Furthermore if you make a direct booking with us we will retain card payment information, usually for the sole purpose of making a guarantee for that booking. Usually we do not take prepayment. If you have booked via an online agent please refer to them for further information.
If you have given us directly card details we will securely store these, along with your address and name. This is retained purely for making the guarantee for goods and or services provided or contractually entered into. It is a requirement of our business that we gather card details along with your name and address. Failure to do this will prevent us from doing business with you.
Legal basis for processing your data
We undertake the activities above for the reasons below:
- 1 & 4 In the pursuit of our legitimate interests as a commercial organisation including the marketing and promotion of our brand, products, and services.
- 3 To fulfil any contractual obligations we may have when you make purchases from us.
- 2 & 5 Based on your consent.
What we do with the information that we collect?
We will never use your information in a way incompatible with this privacy notice. This will include amongst others that:
- We will not put any information about you on general release nor will we sell such information.
- We will not transfer personal data outside of the European Economic Area.
- Data is retained for legal purposes eg to prove that you have stayed us as required under our legal obligations.
By using this portal or our website, you consent to the use of any information provided by you, collected from you, or derived based on collected personal information by The Carlton Hotel for the purposes described in this privacy notice. You have a right to withdraw your consent at any time for any of the processing activities that are based on your consent, by sending us an e-mail to email@example.com
We collect personal information for specific purposes and on specific legal bases and endeavour to collect only the personal information required for those purposes. Once this purpose has been fulfilled and the personal information is no longer required, we will anonymise your data by removing any identifiable information or erase it.
You have the right to request at reasonable intervals, access to the personal information we have collected about you. Please refer any access request to firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to Data Controller, Carlton Hotel, Ilfracombe EX34 8AR.
When requesting access to your personal data please provide as much detail as possible about what personal data you would like access to and include in the subject line that it regards an access request. For complying with your access request, we may ask you to provide us with evidence of your identity plus some additional information. We also reserve the right to charge for the cost of providing the information if it is deemed excessive.
If you so choose you may request us to rectify, erase or block the processing of your personal data if that personal data is no longer accurate, up-to-date or when the further processing of that personal date would be in violation of applicable data protection legislation.
You have a right to receive any personal data that you have provided to us to transfer it onto another data controller where the processing is based on consent and is carried out by automated means called a data portability request. You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data where the basis of the processing is our legitimate interests including but not limited to direct marketing and profiling.
You have a right to information about how we are processing information about you and we have an obligation to processes only a minimum of data for specific, explicit and legitimate purposes in a fair, lawful and transparent manner. This privacy notice fulfils our obligations to provide you with information, but you should contact us directly if you have any questions or concerns.
You have a right to lodge a complaint about any aspect of how we are handling your data with the Information Commissioner’s Office in the UK who can be contacted here: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
Any questions regarding your privacy?
We are happy to discuss privacy and data protection with you. You may contact us at email@example.com
We endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal data including the use of encryption technology but cannot guarantee the security of any data you disclose online. You accept the inherent security implications of sending information over the Internet and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security unless we have been negligent.
Applicable data protection law
This privacy notice has been based on the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). If you are subject to more stringent data protection legislation, please refrain from using this website or any of our other services.
Changes to this notice
We might periodically change this privacy notice. If we decide to change our privacy notice, we will post those changes on this page. We therefore recommend you re-visit this page periodically to check for changes.