“The Hotel” or “Hotel” – the building and business called the Carlton Hotel, Ilfracombe EX34 8AR.
The Club” or “Club” – the membership club at the Hotel.
“The Card” or “Membership card” – a unique credit card sized card. Is the property of the Hotel and will be retained at the end of your membership. This identifies the member.
“The Member” or “Member” – a local resident who has applied, accepted The Club rules, and has a valid membership card.
“Club Administrator” the appropriate person of The Hotel who maintains membership records.
“Guidelines” means the guidelines located on the Website as used by the Club to operate the Scheme in accordance with these Terms and Conditions and which form part of these Terms and Conditions. The Guidelines may be changed from time to time at the discretion of the Company and without notice to the Member;
“Member” means a person who has registered for the Scheme and whose Membership is active;
“Reward” means a product or service provided either by the Hotel or by a Partner in exchange for Points as detailed within the Guidelines. For the avoidance of doubt, in some cases a Voucher may be provided to facilitate the exchange.
“Scheme” means The Club operated by the Hotel
“Club Bar and Brasserie” the food and drink space and service located at The Hotel.
“Local resident” any person, over the age of 21 years who has an address in the following postcodes EX34, EX33, EX32 and EX31
“Wine List” or “List’ the current menu of wines offered at the time of eating at The Hotel.
“Payment” settling of the bill at the end of the meal.
“Event” a significant occasion with food and drink with or without room hire held at The Hotel.
“Club Website” electronic pages and information available to Club members only.
The Carlton Club loyalty scheme is designed for the following purpose
- Reward loyal customers who return to the Club bar & brasserie with discounts on food and drink.
- Thank customers who freely give us their contact details with food and drink discount and other benefits.
- Assist the hotel in developing its food and drink business by offering discounts at less popular moments and / or occasions.
- Encourage our customers to celebrate anniversaries with us in return for special gifts eg bottle of wine.
The scheme operates by you, the customer, enrolling into the scheme by giving us your contact details. This allows us to send periodic information and offers. We hope that these will be relevant and / or of interest. You can always opt out of the Club by unsubscribing at any time.
Membership: the key benefit
- By becoming a member you can benefit from a general 20% saving discount on all food and drink served and then bought by you at The Carlton. There are some planned exceptions, which are illustrated below.
Other benefits of membership
- From time to time reductions on accommodation will be offered to members, either direct or as part of our seasonal offer.
- Around the time of your birthday you can claim a bottle of wine, complimentary of the Carlton, when you book a table of four or more guests.
- The Carlton operates the Scheme in accordance with these Terms and Conditions and within these Guidelines.
- The Hotel may at any time revise the content of the Guidelines and/or these Terms and Conditions without liability. The Hotel may discontinue the Scheme at any time but shall endeavour to give Members at least eight weeks’ notice before it does so.
- The Guidelines shall provide for the different categories of Member and the Scheme may be applied differently to each.
- Membership is free.
The following is a non exhaustive list of exceptions from the key benefit
- Bottles of wine from the hotel Wine List over £30 in value receive a lesser 10% reduction on payment.
- Bottles of wine from the List greater than £40 in value receive a lesser 5% reduction on payment.
The following is a non exhaustive list of exclusions from the key benefit:
- Champagnes and other wines valued greater than £50 per bottle.
- Any meal booked for and taken on the following day or dates: Valentines day, Mothering Sunday, Easter Sunday, Christmas and New Year: between 1st December and the following 1st January inclusive.Halloween: within 4 days prior to or after the 31st October
- Any table booking greater than 4 people including the host.
- Meals, menus, offers or drinks that are already specially promoted, such as Sunday Lunch, Foodie Fridays. On these occasions members may still benefit from discount on any non promoted elements eg wine with Sunday Lunch; add ons to the Foodie Friday promotion.
- Other occasions as reasonably determined and promoted by The Hotel.
Right to change:
- The Hotel reserves the right to modify the inclusions, exceptions and exclusions within the membership scheme.
- Reasonable notice will be issued by The Administrator.
- The Hotel may change the rules of the club by displaying notification of the change on the club’s premises for a period of 7 days. A copy of these rules will be made available to all members upon reasonable notice and will be available on the Website.
- These are issued to accepted members. An index is kept by The Administrator of cards issued against The Members name.
- The Members card must be signed on the rear.
- Members must present their card at time of payment.
- The Card is the property of The Hotel and must be returned if The Member leaves The Club.
- The Hotel may retain The Card if The Member abuses their membership. Examples of this include – allowing anyone else to use their card.
Receiving your discount:
- If a member intends to use their Card to receive the relevant discount they should advise the hotel staff at time of placing order. Practically, this means if you intend to dine with us and booking a table for a meal advise us at the point of booking; if ordering a drink at the bar or in our lounge at the point of ordering. In this way we can be confident the discount will be applied and can advise you accordingly.
- A valid Membership Card must be offered by The Member at time of payment.
- To receive the appropriate discounts The Member must settle the bill.
- See above on limits for party / guest size.
- Your Membership duration is for one year.
- Membership renews automatically.
- Members can resign from The Club, either in writing or via the Club Website.
- The Club can be suspended or close with reasonable notice from The Hotel.
- Club loyalty and members discount may be suspended if separate and distcint prices have been separately negotiated for eg an event, special meals or other occasions as identified by the hotel.
- Members who book a meal and eat the meal within 5 days of their birthday will be eligible for a bottle of house wine.
- Such wine is clearly indicated on the Wine List.
- Members are advised to claim this at the time of booking.
Privacy: Membership is private
- Your membership should not be discussed with press or media.
- We will maintain a simple database with your details that you have provided to us. You must ensure that you inform us of any changes in your details. You can do this through the Club Website.
- We retain your contact details, and where you offer, your birth date in electronic format. This is used to match your credentials with the Membership card and to ensure that the proper person receives the discount.
- You can request a copy of the information we hold on you by contacting The Administrator. See below.
- We cannot operate the Scheme without your consent to store your details.
- We do not share with any third party your data. Your information is held by us and used by us to inform you of relevant offers and marketing information.
- A restricted number of hotel employees have access to the stored data, it is not generally available, being operated by management team members.
- Each team member is trained in data security.
Restrictions and Limitations: please see the following list.
- Customers must be over 18 years of age to participate.
- Employees of the Hotel or its agents are not eligible to participate.
- Only one Membership of the Scheme per person is permitted.
- Membership and Rewards are not transferable.
- It is the Members responsibility to notify the Hotel of any changes to their details, including but not limited to, their change of name and/ or address.
- In the event of death this will result in cancellation of the Scheme Membership.
- By participating, Scheme Members agree to these Terms and Conditions.
- The Hotel reserves the right to refuse Membership or to cancel any Membership for reasons including, but not limited to, fraud or misuse of their Membership and/ or any violation by the Member of the Guidelines or these Terms and Conditions.
- You, as the scheme Member is responsible for the payment of any tax due in respect of any Reward.
- These Terms and Conditions will be construed in accordance with the law of England and the Scottish Courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction to deal with any claim arising out of or in connection with these Terms and Condition.
- Upon joining The Club, you will automatically be opted-in to receiving communications by e-mail and post from The Club. If you are currently registered with the Hotel and your current mailing preference is opted out, your status will change to opted in. Please note that it is a condition of being a Member of the Scheme that you accept The Club sending you communication by post and by email, (using the details you provided when registering for the Scheme) unless you notify us that you wish to opt out of such messages. Should a Member opt out of post or email marketing communications at any time then they risk their membership of the Scheme being suspended as opt-in is a key condition of loyalty membership.
- All email communications will also include the facility for you to unsubscribe to all future email communications. Should you unsubscribe from marketing communications you risk membership of the Scheme being suspended as opt-in is a key condition
Conduct at The Hotel, guidance for all our guests
- We expect all Club Members (along with all our guests) to behave respectfully to each other and others. Failure to do so may result in exclusion from The Club and / or The Hotel.
- No smoking is permitted within The Hotel.
You can contact us at the following address
Club Administrator, The Club, Carlton Hotel, Runnacleave Road, Ilfracombe EX34 8AR
Or via the comments form on The Club website.