Ilfracombe’s top-rated hotel is delighted to welcome families to North Devon. Staying at The Carlton means you can take advantage of our ideal location, quality modern bedrooms and great facilities.
Family Breaks in North Devon
We have family rooms that sleep up to four, in a usual configuration of 1 double matrimonial bed and full-size single beds. Rooms are complete with flat-screen TV, great WiFi connectivity, tiled bathrooms, some include adapted wet rooms. Family rooms are located to the rear of the property.
Ilfracombe is a great value and ideal location for you to explore a little further afield!
- The North Devon coast and its villages, towns and outdoor attractions.
- For messing about on the water – activities form our harbour and nearby beaches – such as kayaking, surfing, coasteering
- Award-winning beaches at nearby Woolacombe, Croyde and Saunton
- Exmoor and its magical moors
- Attractions geared towards the family like our own Aquarium, quirky Museum, boat trips, fishing experiences and larger pleasure parks like Watermouth Castle and The Milky Way
Ilfracombe for Families
Ilfracombe has other attractions that complete your break in North Devon. Foodie highlights include a choice of traditional fish and chip shops on the quay to experience the art of chocolate making in our Chocolate Emporium. If animals are your interest why not visit a local farm, enjoy sheepdog displays, pony and horse riding or experience falconry displays. You can choose to hire a Segway or go quad biking or simply hire a bike to discover the Tarka trail.
For All the Family
Back at the hotel we offer early dining and have a Kids Restaurant Menu, as well as all our Brasserie menu.
The hotel has superfast broadband connectivity and Wi-Fi throughout. There’s plenty of space in our ground floor lounges and even a gym and treatment room if you need to prepare or unwind after your day out.
A freshly cooked breakfast is included in our rates, plus cereals, juices, yoghurt and fresh fruit.