- “The Hotel” or “Hotel” – the building and business called the Carlton Hotel, Ilfracombe EX34 8AR.
- “The Club” or “Club” – the membership club at the Hotel.
- “The Card” or “Membership card” – a unique credit card sized card. Is the property of the Hotel and will be retained at the end of your membership. This identifies the member.
- “The Member” or “Member” – a local resident who has applied, accepted The Club rules, and has a valid membership card.
- “Club Administrator” the appropriate person of The Hotel who maintains membership records.
- “Guidelines” means the guidelines located on the Website as used by the Club to operate the Scheme in accordance with these Terms and Conditions and which form part of these Terms and Conditions. The Guidelines may be changed from time to time at the discretion of the Company and without notice to the Member;
- “Member” means a person who has registered for the Scheme and whose Membership is active;
- “Partner” means an organisation chosen by the Company to provide goods or services to Members in
- “Reward” means a product or service provided either by the Hotel or by a Partner in exchange for Points as detailed within the Guidelines. For the avoidance of doubt, in some cases a Voucher may be provided to facilitate the exchange.
- “Scheme” means The Club operated by the Hotel
- “Brasserie” the food and drink space and service located at The Hotel.
- “Local resident” any person, over the age of 21 years who has an address in the following postcodes EX34, EX33, EX32 and EX31
- “Wine List” or “List’ the current menu of wines offered at the time of eating at The Hotel.
- “Payment” settling of the bill at the end of the meal.
- “Event” a significant occasion with food and drink with or without room hire held at The Hotel.
- “Club Website” electronic pages and information available to Club members only.
- The Club has been created to benefit both local residents and The Hotel. Members can make savings on food and drink purchased at The Hotel which in turn generates loyalty for The Hotel.
- A general 20% saving is offered on food and drink with some exceptions, which are illustrated below.
- From time to time reductions on accommodation will be offered to members, either direct or as part of our seasonal offer.
- The Hotel will operate the Scheme in accordance with these Terms and Conditions and with the Guidelines.
- The Hotel may at any time revise the content of the Guidelines and/or these Terms and Conditions without liability. The Hotel may discontinue the Scheme at any time but shall endeavor to give Members at least three months notice before it does so.
- The Guidelines shall provide for the different categories of Member and the Scheme may be applied differently to each. The Website and/ or the Guidelines may, from time to time, detail the number of Points required to redeem different types of Rewards.
- Bottles of wine from the Wine List over £30 in value receive a 10% reduction on payment.
- Bottles of wine from the List greater than £40 in value receive a 5% reduction on payment.
- The following is a guide to food and drink at The Hotel which is excluded from any discount.
- Champagnes and other wines valued greater than £50 per bottle.
- Any meal booked for and taken on the following day or dates
- Valentines day
- Mothering Sunday
- Easter: Saturday & Sunday
- Christmas and New Year: between 1st December and the following 1st January inclusive.
- Halloween: within 4 days prior to or after the 31st October
- Any table booking greater than 4 people including the host
- Other occasions as reasonably determined and promoted by The Hotel.
Right to change:
- The Hotel reserves the right to modify the inclusions, exceptions and exclusions within the membership scheme.
- Reasonable notice will be issued by The Administrator.
- The Hotel may change the rules of the club by displaying notification of the change on the club’s premises for a period of 7 days. A copy of these rules will be made available to all members upon reasonable notice and will be available on the Website.
- These are issued to accepted members. An index is kept by The Administrator of cards issued against The Members name.
- The Members card must be signed on the rear.
- Members must present their card at time of payment.
- The Card is the property of The Hotel and must be returned if The Member leaves The Club.
- The Hotel may retain The Card if The Member abuses their membership. Examples of this include – allowing anyone else to use their card.
Receiving Members discount:
- If a member intends to use their Card to receive the relevant discount they should advise the hotel staff at time of placing order.
- A valid Membership Card must be offered by The Member at time of payment.
- To receive the appropriate discounts The Member must settle the bill.
- See above on limits for party / guest size.
- Is for one year.
- Membership renews automatically.
- Members can resign from The Club, either in writing or via the Club Website.
- The Club can be suspended or close with reasonable notice from The Hotel. Occasions when the brasserie may be privately booked mean that The Club does not operate.
- Members who book a meal and eat the meal within 5 days of their birthday will be eligible for a bottle of house wine. Such wine is clearly indicated on the Wine List. Members are advised to claim this at the time of booking.
- Membership is private, and should not be discussed with press or media.
- We will maintain a simple database with your details that you have provided to us. You must ensure that you inform us of any changes in your details. You can do this through the Club Website.
- You can request a copy of the information we hold on you by contacting The Administrator. See below.
Restrictions and Limitations
- Customers must be over 18 years of age to participate.
- Employees of the Hotel or its agents are not eligible to participate.
- Only one Membership of the Scheme per person is permitted.
- Membership and Rewards are not transferable.
- It is the Members responsibility to notify the Hotel of any changes to their details, including but not limited to, their change of name and/ or address.
- In the event of death this will result in cancellation of the Scheme Membership.
- By participating, Scheme Members agree to these Terms and Conditions.
- The Hotel reserves the right to refuse Membership or to cancel any Membership for reasons including, but not limited to, fraud or misuse of their Membership and/ or any violation by the Member of the Guidelines or these Terms and Conditions.
- The relevant Member is responsible for the payment of any tax due in respect of any Reward.
- These Terms and Conditions will be construed in accordance with the law of England and the Scottish Courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction to deal with any claim arising out of or in connection with these Terms and Condition.
- Upon joining The Club, you will automatically be opted-in to receiving communications by e-mail and post from The Club. If you are currently registered with the Hotel and your current mailing preference is opted out, your status will change to opted in. Please note that it is a condition of being a Member of the Scheme that you accept The Club sending you communication by post and by email, (using the details you provided when registering for the Scheme) unless you notify us that you wish to opt out of such messages. Should a Member opt out of post or email marketing communications at any time then they risk their membership of the Scheme being suspended as opt-in is a key condition of loyalty membership.
- All email communications will also include the facility for you to unsubscribe to all future email communications. Should you unsubscribe from marketing communications you risk membership of the Scheme being suspended as opt-in is a key condition
Conduct at The Hotel
- We expect all Club Members (along with all our guests) to behave respectfully to each other and others. Failure to do so may result in exclusion from The Club and / or The Hotel.
- No smoking is permitted within The Hotel.
- You can contact us at the following address
Ilfracombe EX34 8AR
- Or via the comments form on The Club website.